How many of your employees are living with a chronic disease or are at risk of developing a chronic disease in the future?
The latest Discovery Healthy Company Index Survey showed some staggering stats.
Of those surveyed:
- 52% had multiple (5 or more) risk factors outside the healthy range.
- 61% had an unhealthy weight (with 28% being obese).
- The average number of days lost to illness/injury per employee per year was an astounding 8 days, which in turn translated to an average cost of nearly R10,000 per employee per year.
Our practice offers packages that can be customised according to your needs. Services include:
- On-site nutrition talks covering a variety of topics (5 or more people).
- Body composition testing (incl. weight, BMI, waist circumference, waist to height ratio, body fat %, visceral fat and muscle mass) – each staff member receives their measurements on a ‘health passport’, which includes measurement ‘norms’ and tips on how to improve their personal profiles.
- Individual nutrition assessments with or without personalised meal plans.
- Collated de-personalised staff report, identifying areas requiring attention and listing possible solutions in the form of practical staff-facing interventions.
- Review and adaptation of canteen/cafeteria menus/recipes.
- 12 week weight loss/body transformation challenges.
- Weekly/monthly/quarterly nutrition tips/e-zine articles/intranet content.
- ‘Ask a Dietitian’ column/link.